Hello, my name is Elizabeth Roerink and I have the pleasure of serving ACA students at Patrick Henry High School as their ACA Career Coach! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if I can help in any way.
What is the role of the Career Coach?
- To be available to students by having designated office hours at the high school each week
- Build relationships with students in order to better match interventions and opportunities to each student
- Be the link to the college for students, parents, and local school district personnel
- Be knowledgeable of the ACA program in order to best serve the students
Interventions used by the Career Coach focuses on three areas:
- Entry – the Career Coach will have planned activities for students in order to help with the transition into the program and to build rapport among the students
- Retention – the Career Coach will design interventions to help students meet the demands of this rigorous program until completion
- Exit – the Career Coach will work with each student to explore different careers and programs of study, and make informed decisions about which college or university to attend along with the appropriate major to select
For more information on Reynolds Advance College Academies, please visit:
I also encourage you to check out our Director Dr. Miles McCrimmon’s blog to learn more: